This is my last post of the year, and I wanted to showcase the best photos of 2021!

January:

From this post: Third Month Theme: Rest, Reflect and Observe New Things

February:

From this post: Fourth Month Theme: Okay, It’s Cold! Wake Me Up in Spring!

March:

From this post: Fifth Month Theme: Spring? What? Confusion All Around!

April:

From this post: Sixth Month Theme: Slow Spring and Time for Health

May:

I took this photo in May but used it for a post in June

From this post: My Most Canadian Story (So Far)

June:

I started my Parks Challenge this month!

From this post: Park #1: Inglewood Bird Sanctuary

July:

From these posts: Park #3: Sandy Beach Park

Park #4: South Glenmore Park

August:

From this post: Park #5: Bowmont Park

September:

From this post: Preparing for Winter 2021

October:

From this post: Medical Emergencies While Abroad Part I: My Story

November:

From this post: Not included in any posts

December:

To summarize, there have been unusually cold temps this month and I experienced my first blizzard in Calgary!

From this post: Not included in any posts because this just happened!

What do you think of my selection?

Finally:

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season. Get your booster as soon as possible! I got mine because my pharmacy had spares at the end of the day that they were literally giving away. This new Omicron variant isn’t easy, but we have to do what we must for this pandemic to end someday.

Here’s what I have planned for my posts next year. I am behind on posts I wanted to do about the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 and the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation because of my Mum’s emergency in October. Additionally, I have suspended my Parks Challenge until further notice, but I do have some posts to write on that. Look out for more guest and collab posts as well as more stuff about expat and TCK life! Here’s to more adventure in 2022 that does not include COVID-19!

Happy Holidays and enjoy the Winter Solstice!

1. Third Culture Kid – I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦/πŸ‡―πŸ‡²πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

1. WanderingCanadians – We’re a couple of Canadians who enjoy hiking, camping, diving, and spending as much time outdoors as we can. We hope our stories can help as you plan for your adventures. https://wanderingcanadians.com

Lovely collection of photos throughout the year. It’s always neat to see how different the landscape looks depending on the season. Happy holidays to you as well. It’s hard to believe that this year is almost over!

Happy holidays to you too! Thanks for your lovely comment 😊

Joyeux NoΓ«l!

2. Winter Solstice! Loving the photos of four separate seasons. I miss them. We’ve pretty much just got one long season here. Well, we’ll get a few days of winter, but then everything buds back out and the heat returns.

It keeps things interesting to have four seasons. Thanks for commenting 😊

My photos don’t do the snow thickness justice. At this point, it’s getting thick, and when the melt happens, it’s terribly slippery! Thanks for commenting 😊

3. kagould17 – Not much to tell. After working for 3 companies over 43+ years (38 years 7 months with my last company), I finally got that promotion I had waited my entire career for……retirement. I have been exploring this new career for the past 7+ years and while it is not always exciting, the chance to do what I want for myself and my family instead of what my company wants has been very fulfilling. Early on, there was a long list of projects in my β€œto-do” hopper and I attacked these projects with a vengeance for the first 9 months of retirement. Eventually, my brain told me that this was not what retirement was about, so it took me another 5 months before my industriousness again took over and I attacked another line of projects, this time somewhat shorter and less complicated, as well as many new projects related to the family weddings in 2016. After going hard for 6 weeks and 3 weddings, my body was telling me to relax, then the flu bug hit and as soon as that was done with me, my sciatic acted up. No rest for the wicked. In 2020 and 2021, the Covid 19 pandemic changed the whole retirement gig. I was lucky to not be still working, for sure. I enjoy photography, gardening, working with my hands, walking, cycling, skiing, travelling, reading and creating special photo and video productions obtained in my first pastime. I may never become wealthy in any of these pursuits, but I already feel I am rich in life experiences far beyond any expectation.

Good to reminisce at year end. Our cold December eased today, so we got out for another forest walk. More snow and cold coming, so it will be time to stay home and shovel. Have a great Christmas. Allan

Glad you took advantage of the break in the cold. I think we’re expecting three days of snow starting on Thursday. Have a safe and as good a Christmas as possible πŸ™‚

4. Rosaliene Bacchus – Los Angeles - California - USA – I was born in Guyana, a former British colony on the northern coast of the South American continent. As the only English-speaking country on the continent, Guyana's historical, cultural, and economic development is linked with the Caribbean Region and is a founding member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM). In 1987, I migrated with my husband and two sons to Fortaleza, capital of the northeastern State of Ceara in Brazil. For fourteen years, I worked as an import-export manager. My sons and I migrated to Los Angeles, Southern California in the USA, in October 2003. After migrating to the USA, I started writing articles about international trade issues and US-Brazil trade, as well as fictional short stories. As a form of self-therapy, I began working on a novel. You can learn about my journey as a writer on my author’s website. My debut novel, Under the Tamarind Tree, was released in August 2019. You can learn more, read reviews, and purchase a copy on my author’s website at Under the Tamarind Tree: A Novel by Rosaliene Bacchus. My second novel, The Twisted Circle, the story of a young nun’s journey to self-determination in a patriarchal church, was released in August 2021. I am currently working on my first book of creative non-fiction.

Brrr! I suffer when temperatures fall below 60 degrees Fahrenheit here in Los Angeles! Enjoy your White Christmas πŸ™‚ Stay safe and warm.

I surprised myself when I suffered due to Bay Area temps that were 50 F or less. I keep thinking of Mark Twain saying, β€œThe coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.” Thank you for your lovely wishes and I hope you have a safe and as happy as possible holiday season πŸ™‚

5. It is a cold December, I can feel it in your pics! Hope you and your mom have a wonderful Christmas!! Maggie

It’s so unreal it’s this cold! I heard it’s about as cold as Edmonton or Winnipeg at this time of year! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and Richard!

1. ya, it doesn’t usually last this long if it gets cold in Calgary. We’re in Golden now and it’s even unusually cold here,

2. Third Culture Kid – I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦/πŸ‡―πŸ‡²πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

It sure keeps you on your toes!

Thank you! Have an amazing holiday season too! Thanks for commenting πŸ™‚