The reason why I say 2022 Goals, is because there is too much hype around New Yearโ€™s Resolutions. As I said in my post, Third Culture Christmas, I do believe there is a lot of truth to the Russian saying that you spend the New Year just the way you meet it (ะšะฐะบ ะะพะฒั‹ะน ะณะพะด ะฒัั‚ั€ะตั‚ะธัˆัŒ, ั‚ะฐะบ ะตะณะพ ะธ ะฟั€ะพะฒะตะดะตัˆัŒ).

I feel like with COVID-19 disrupting so many things, itโ€™s often harder to hold yourself to goals, so I decided to set goals that I know I can achieve. Although, if I am not sure about a goal, I am okay with putting a question mark beside it. So, here are my goals!

Plan for Getting COVID-19:

I donโ€™t mean to sound negative right off the bat, but because of Omicron, itโ€™s becoming even more necessary to plan for COVID-19. It just recently occurred to me that I donโ€™t have a plan for getting COVID-19. After almost two years, I have not got COVID-19, and neither has anyone in my family. Itโ€™s only been some friends of mine who have got it or had family members get it. There is an element of luck to not getting sick, even if you do everything right. I was certain when my Mum got sick that we were going to get COVID-19, and I was amazed we didnโ€™t, even with Mum having a nasogastric tube and Dad flying in to help us!

The best advice I ever got was if you have a health problem, throw everything you possibly can at it until something sticks. It doesnโ€™t matter if itโ€™s something weird, but if it works for you, use it! Lately, I have been doing a massive Google Search on what to do to relieve COVID-19 symptoms, so I just need to compile all that data on it and be ready. And, of course, recovering is not the full story. I need to see if I will get long COVID-19. Anyway, thank you next!

Start Journey to Financial Independence:

I am not going to say what exactly I will be doing to start this. I will say this though, I canโ€™t start with my original business idea because there is a 1.5-year backlog at immigration for permanent residence. The good news is I have an idea to tide me over. I may end up sticking to that idea permanently. Who knows?

Start Writing A Book:

I have been talking with some of my TCK friends about collaborating on a book! Originally, I thought of writing a book about my stories and insights, but I feel like Iโ€™m happy with my blog. Watch this space!

Read At Least 50 Pages Per Day:

I was in a funk with reading in 2021. Lately, I have been hanging out at my local library, and I realized how much I have missed reading! Plus, as an entrepreneur, itโ€™s even more important to read. And I love it too, so Iโ€™m excited! Now, I have a great set of books lined up. I maxed out my library card!

Speaking of libraries, I revisited this episode of this British show I love. Watch the part before the intro because anyone who has worked at a library will tell you this is true. Glad they made fun of it!

Blogging Goals:

Hereโ€™s an overview of what to expect next year. I am going to be catching up on posts I planned to do. I have a backlog. Iโ€™m also going to be doing Bloganuary. You can read more about it here: https://wordpress.com/blog/2021/12/16/new-year-new-success-with-bloganuary/ I donโ€™t think I will post every day though. I am going to do a cultural theme to this as well, so if I get a prompt and Iโ€™m not inspired by it, Iโ€™m not going to do it. Iโ€™m thinking at the end of the year, I am going to do Blogmas, but again, do culturally themed posts. Weโ€™ll see though. Iโ€™m already feeling inspired for posts I can do this year. I am also going to be doing at least THREE guest/collab posts! Looks like it will be a great year for blogging!

One last thing: If you have any questions you want me to answer, or give me any feedback, please do!

Continue What I am Doing for Mental Health:

COVID-19 has helped me a lot in terms of learning more about what I can do for mental health. It was tested to the LIMIT when my Mum got sick! You get more insight into your mental health when times are challenging. Thereโ€™s no silver bullet, but I am more than willing to do the work I need to do to improve whatever needs to be done. I would say Iโ€™m somewhat okay now.

Additionally, I have been doing everything I can possibly do to help my Mum mentally while she recovers. I donโ€™t know what it is about appendicitis that messes with you mentally, but it does. Iโ€™m not a mental health professional though, and if my Mum needs more help, I will encourage her to get it!

Continue Calgary Parks Challenge:

After Omicron burns itself out, I intend to continue with my Parks Challenge. I have four parks to write about, that I put off for a while. Thatโ€™s a good thing to do while waiting for Omicron cases to drop.

So far, I have seen 11 parks, written about 6 parks, and I have 62 parks left to see!

Continue Physical Health Habits:

Iโ€™ve been working on my physical health as well. Itโ€™s been tough to do so because itโ€™s easy to be a couch potato in lockdown. Even so, I found a solution and Iโ€™m happy to continue to improve on them.

Question Marks:

Iโ€™ll mention a couple of goals that I have question marks with. I really want to learn how to drive in the winter in Canada, but so far, thatโ€™s not been possible. Will it happen this year? Hard to say.

Additionally, I have got signs that I am aching to travel. I was jealous of my Dad when he came here because he got to fly and I didnโ€™t. I was like, โ€œIโ€™m the person who meets him at the airport. Meh.โ€ A friend of mine sent me a photo of a mall lately, and I kid you not, I thought it was LAX! Iโ€™m really hoping I can travel at least once in 2022.

One thing I am already thinking about is travelling over the Christmas season. I have had a string of tough Christmases since 2017, which was the year I got appendicitis. The only Christmas where I was truly happy was in 2018 when I travelled to Yosemite. I feel itโ€™s time to experience the Christmas season elsewhere. I have already thought of a few local places to visit if COVID-19 is still a problem, but also some international ones, just in case. Hereโ€™s my list:

• Banff: Want to see what itโ€™s like at Christmas.
  • Jasper: Ditto
  • Yellowknife: Okay, pretty hardcore climate, but I would like to try it.
  • Jamaica: Those close to me know why.
  • Germany: If you have seen how they do Christmas, youโ€™ll know what Iโ€™m talking about.

Will I go to one of those places, or will I go someplace else? Watch this space!

I wish you all the best for 2022! What are your 2022 goals?

1. Beach House๐Ÿ‹ โ€“ Surfing, SUP, Swimming, Ocean, Animals, Baking, Marinelife, Family, Good sleep, and Nature ๐ŸŒ The beauty of Nature, the cuteness of animals, breathtaking moments, extraordinary wildlife... I take pictures, film whatever touches my heart, and love to share with people in the world. visit my website: https://beachhouse.blog subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDawiafJg2w0t1dVcI3e6Zw

Hope all your goals will come true ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•
    Aloha
    Kawela๐ŸŒˆ

1. Third Culture Kid โ€“ I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ/๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

Thank you for your lovely comment! Aloha ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ

2. SamSahana โ€“ Learnerโ–ช๏ธExplorerโ–ช๏ธLover of loveโ–ช๏ธHater of Hateโ–ช๏ธSupporter of changeโ–ช๏ธAlly of peaceโ–ช๏ธStudent of life

Such interesting goals youโ€™ve set for 2022! Hereโ€™s hoping they all come to fruition. I was genuinely amazed reading the first point- planning for COVID! Trust me, youโ€™re lucky to escape it. Iโ€™ve lost loved ones to it and I know what a thief COVID is. But there were times before I got my vaccination that I just wished to get infected ans have it done with. Hope you stay safe. Wishing you a fabulous New Year 2022! ๐Ÿฅณ

Thank you. I hope your goals come to fruition too. Iโ€™m really sorry to hear you have lost loved ones to COVID-19. I have other friends who have lost loved ones too. I do feel lucky, but itโ€™s so weird. Thanks for commenting and Happy New Year to you too!

3. WanderingCanadians โ€“ Weโ€™re a couple of Canadians who enjoy hiking, camping, diving, and spending as much time outdoors as we can. We hope our stories can help as you plan for your adventures. https://wanderingcanadians.com

Happy New Year and best of luck achieving your goals for 2022. Thatโ€™s very exciting that youโ€™re planning to write a book and potentially collaborating with your TCK friends. Glad to hear that youโ€™re going to continue with your Calgary Parks Challenge.

Happy New Year to you too! I canโ€™t wait to resume my parks challenge. Thanks for commenting ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Calgary is somewhere Iโ€™ve always wanted to visit, so Iโ€™ll start following your blog to see your images. Hope you feel settled there.

Thank you. Nice to have you on board!

Thank you. I wish the same to you ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ

5. They all sound wonderful. I especially like the idea of traveling. Hopefully 2022 will be the year to end the pandemic and traveling can be back to normal again.

Hereโ€™s to hoping! Happy New Year!

6. Lots of goals to keep you busy all year and beyond, Iโ€™m curious to see whatโ€™s coming up on your blog. Happy New Year!

Thank you. Iโ€™m looking forward to seeing what you will post too. Happy New Year!

7. Sounds like a good realistic set of goals, canโ€™t wait to see your new venture. All the best for 2022! Maggie

Thank you! All the best to you too!

8. kagould17 โ€“ Not much to tell. After working for 3 companies over 43+ years (38 years 7 months with my last company), I finally got that promotion I had waited my entire career forโ€ฆโ€ฆretirement. I have been exploring this new career for the past 7+ years and while it is not always exciting, the chance to do what I want for myself and my family instead of what my company wants has been very fulfilling. Early on, there was a long list of projects in my โ€œto-doโ€ hopper and I attacked these projects with a vengeance for the first 9 months of retirement. Eventually, my brain told me that this was not what retirement was about, so it took me another 5 months before my industriousness again took over and I attacked another line of projects, this time somewhat shorter and less complicated, as well as many new projects related to the family weddings in 2016. After going hard for 6 weeks and 3 weddings, my body was telling me to relax, then the flu bug hit and as soon as that was done with me, my sciatic acted up. No rest for the wicked. In 2020 and 2021, the Covid 19 pandemic changed the whole retirement gig. I was lucky to not be still working, for sure. I enjoy photography, gardening, working with my hands, walking, cycling, skiing, travelling, reading and creating special photo and video productions obtained in my first pastime. I may never become wealthy in any of these pursuits, but I already feel I am rich in life experiences far beyond any expectation.

Wishing you success in achieving all your goals. We are all going to catch Covid. The severity of the illness will depend on underlying conditions and degree of protection. As to learning to drive in the winter, many Canadians who have lived here their entire lives still canโ€™t figure that out. So, my wish for you in 2022 is health, hope and happiness. Stay well and celebrate the little stuff when you can. Allan

That is true about COVID-19. Whenever I hear about high rates of cases among Covidiots, Iโ€™m like, โ€œWell, well, well. My karma ran over your dogma!โ€ Still, I hope the best for everyone I know in that regard. Good to know about driving. I kind of like a situation that keeps me on my toes. Thank you for your kind wishes and I wish you health, hope and happiness too! Happy 2022!

Thank you! Wishing you an amazing year as well!

2. Third Culture Kid โ€“ I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ/๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

Good luck with Bloganuary too!

9. Third Culture Kid โ€“ I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ/๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

I definitely follow the SMART acronym for goals. It might take a while to publish this book though. Itโ€™s okay to want to buy books. Itโ€™s never a waste of money. I still canโ€™t believe itโ€™s 2022 either! Like WTF??!! Thanks for commenting and Happy New Year!

You should see our house in California, and my auntโ€™s place. My auntโ€™s place is worse than ours. At least we donโ€™t usually have books over the floor. My aunt has books ALL OVER the floor! I remember being a kid and thinking every home had lots of books until I started going to friendsโ€™ places lol

10. Rosaliene Bacchus โ€“ Los Angeles - California - USA โ€“ I was born in Guyana, a former British colony on the northern coast of the South American continent. As the only English-speaking country on the continent, Guyana's historical, cultural, and economic development is linked with the Caribbean Region and is a founding member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM). In 1987, I migrated with my husband and two sons to Fortaleza, capital of the northeastern State of Ceara in Brazil. For fourteen years, I worked as an import-export manager. My sons and I migrated to Los Angeles, Southern California in the USA, in October 2003. After migrating to the USA, I started writing articles about international trade issues and US-Brazil trade, as well as fictional short stories. As a form of self-therapy, I began working on a novel. You can learn about my journey as a writer on my authorโ€™s website. My debut novel, Under the Tamarind Tree, was released in August 2019. You can learn more, read reviews, and purchase a copy on my authorโ€™s website at Under the Tamarind Tree: A Novel by Rosaliene Bacchus. My second novel, The Twisted Circle, the story of a young nunโ€™s journey to self-determination in a patriarchal church, was released in August 2021. I am currently working on my first book of creative non-fiction.

We canโ€™t reach our destination if we donโ€™t know where weโ€™re going. Wishing you all the best in achieving your goals in the year ahead ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! I wish you all the best for 2022 as well!

11. Deepthy โ€“ Always lost in thoughts, firmly anchored to dream world and existing on Earth. โ€“ A typical introvert with a keen love for all forms of art and Science. I mainly post articles, poems and random thoughts. I use words for expression but pen them down for catharsis. Open to constructive criticism and any kind of feedback!

Those goals sound great โ€“ I hope you get to them soon! Iโ€™ve been procrastinating on writing a book (a story, really ๐Ÿ˜‚) for so long itโ€™s ridiculous. Canโ€™t wait to read your book!!
    Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!

Thank you! Wishing you all the best for 2022!

Of course! Thanks so much!

Youโ€™re welcome!