Today’s Prompt:

What is something you wish you knew how to do? Sorry, I’m a little late on this!

My Answer:

I wish I could save lives as our healthcare heroes do. I am certified in First Aid, and I do believe it important to have a basic understanding of how bodies work. Still, whenever I go to the doctor or the hospital, I am one of those patients that ask a lot of questions, as long as I’m feeling okay. I’m curious about what they are doing or using and why. Plus, I read science articles about developments in medicine.

On the other hand, there are things about taking care of sick people I know I can’t handle and I respect anyone who can handle it.

So, that’s my answer. What do you think? Is there something you wish you knew how to do?

1. WanderingCanadians – We’re a couple of Canadians who enjoy hiking, camping, diving, and spending as much time outdoors as we can. We hope our stories can help as you plan for your adventures. https://wanderingcanadians.com

What a tough question. There’s so many things I wish I knew how to do. The thing that’s top of mind is that I wish I were more handy with building or fixing things. I’m terrible at that stuff and usually throw money at the problem. I imagine it would be so rewarding to learn how to make or fix something with my hands (and tools of course).

1. Third Culture Kid – I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦/πŸ‡―πŸ‡²πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

That is a good thing to want to know how to do. Nothing wrong with learning some basics. Thanks for commenting 😊

2. Third Culture Kid – I am a Third Culture Kid who has lived in five different countries: πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦/πŸ‡―πŸ‡²πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί. I moved to Canada in October 2020 and I started blogging about adjusting to life here. Follow my blog for tips on expat life, stories about my life as a Third Culture Kid, features on where I have lived, and world news.

I’m with you there about convincing people to change. I am glad it’s not too easy to get people to change. The world would be more messed up if that were the case. I would freeze too with saving a life as well, even though I am certified. I particularly admire paramedics and people who do life-saving surgery. It makes my head reel to think that people are able to do that!

3. kagould17 – Not much to tell. After working for 3 companies over 43+ years (38 years 7 months with my last company), I finally got that promotion I had waited my entire career for……retirement. I have been exploring this new career for the past 7+ years and while it is not always exciting, the chance to do what I want for myself and my family instead of what my company wants has been very fulfilling. Early on, there was a long list of projects in my β€œto-do” hopper and I attacked these projects with a vengeance for the first 9 months of retirement. Eventually, my brain told me that this was not what retirement was about, so it took me another 5 months before my industriousness again took over and I attacked another line of projects, this time somewhat shorter and less complicated, as well as many new projects related to the family weddings in 2016. After going hard for 6 weeks and 3 weddings, my body was telling me to relax, then the flu bug hit and as soon as that was done with me, my sciatic acted up. No rest for the wicked. In 2020 and 2021, the Covid 19 pandemic changed the whole retirement gig. I was lucky to not be still working, for sure. I enjoy photography, gardening, working with my hands, walking, cycling, skiing, travelling, reading and creating special photo and video productions obtained in my first pastime. I may never become wealthy in any of these pursuits, but I already feel I am rich in life experiences far beyond any expectation.

I wish I had better concentration…Covid has kicked that out of me. Better concentration would allow me to be a better book reader and mandolin player. I am not making any resolutions, though. Cheers. ALlan

I think that’s totally normal to have less concentration because of the pandemic. I have struggled with that too. I’m glad you’re not being hard on yourself. Thanks for commenting πŸ™‚

That’s a good one! I hate seeing people hurt as well. Thanks for commenting πŸ™‚

4. Thank you for your post. You can ask questions? I dislike going to the doctors intensely and part of the reason is that I don’t know what they are doing and I dislike things that are out of my control. LOL.

You can absolutely ask questions at the doctor! If they don’t like it, they shouldn’t be treating you anyway

5. 'made by you and i' – 1 Chome-2 Utsukushigaoka, Aoba Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan – I'm just a guy, hopefully nice. During the pandemic, I taught myself photography, videography, and the Adobe Suite to create the YouTube channel, 'Made by You and I'. Eventually, this blog will support that channel. I very much want to interact with people here, so expect me to be active in the comment section. My friends call me "ct", so please feel free to do the same.

Aside from the piano, I wish I knew how to time travel. 😁

That sounds lovely! Thanks for commenting